Thursday, January 15, 2009

the economy......

Another casualty of the economy. Remember I said I'd be teaching kids art classes at San Diego Museum of Art (and how I was so very proud to join their faculty.) We got word last night that ALL the SDMA Museum Art School classes will be suspended until at least summer... I know it was a very difficult decision for them, and they are very hopeful they can make the school financially sound again...they need donors. BIG donors. Or tons more students. Or?? We teachers and SDMA staff brain-stormed last night, like I'm sure sooo many people and businesses are doing right now-on how to resusitate the school...

4 comments:

  1. What a bummer, but sadly, not a surprise. The arts always suffer - esp. art education. Hopefully summer will be better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we lost our art school in Spokane last year, and now I'm waiting to see how many students I get for my parks & rec. dept. classes. The classes are very cheap, but people still need to buy supplies, so I don't know if that'll hold folks back. Let's hope that people can find ways to express themselves, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad. I hate it when art (especially for kids) has to suffer.

    I hope that Tuesday brings a real gust of fresh air to our country and our economy!

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jane, I am so sorry to hear about the cancelation. How discouraging for all involved, mostly the kids who will miss out on expanding their horizons! Lets hope for something good to happen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting JaneLaFazio.com!

Related Posts with Thumbnails